Examining freckles moles and spots on the skin. The best way to combat skin cancer is prevention. Protect yourself well and watch the sun freckles moles and your body to observe their look and evolution. Examine the skin involves taking note of all stains on his body freckles and moles or skin spots that appear with age. Do not forget the ABCDE of skin cancer symmetry Borders, C smell D aimer and Evolution. The melanomas usually have four aspects.
- A: Asymmetry: It presents halves differently.
- B: Borders: Irregular.
- C: Color: It has areas of different color with brown or black shadows and sometimes in red, white or blue.
- D: Diameter: Malignant skin tumors usually have a diameter greater than 6 mm.
- E: Evolution: Periodically observe your state to see if the lesion changes in size shape or color, or is bleeding and will not heal. If any of these symptoms or change in appearance would not hesitate to go to your dermatologist.
Skin self-exam in 4 steps
In addition to the areas of skin exposed to sunlight clearly observes easily, there are other parts that should not neglect. The AAD American Academy of Dermatology explains how to skin self-examination in front of a mirror.
- Examine the front and back of your body in a mirror, the right and left sides, with arms raised.
- Bend your elbows, look carefully forearms, back of the arms and palms.
- Look behind the legs and feet, the space between the toes and soles.
- Examine the back of the neck and scalp with a hand mirror. Separate hair and pick it up.
Finally, it examines the back and buttocks with a hand mirror. Prevention is the key. Protect your skin from the sun forever even on cloudy days because UV radiation is equally dangerous with sunscreen. Please care the most freckles moles and spots with SPF 50+. Remember that the effects of the sun are cumulative and burn injures manifests itself in the long term. Therefore revises its evolution and do not miss your yearly meeting with the dermatologist for examination.